Monday 19 September 2011

Missed Calling

I think I may have missed my calling in life. Had my Grade 7 Art teacher seen the creative genius behind the "Smoking Kills" clay ash tray I crafted, perhaps I'd be dictating my blog posts to my assistant, or at least using a computer that doesn't freeze every 4 minutes.
Looking back, I'd like to congratulate Grade 7 Dorothy, because making an ash tray with the words "Smoking Kills" written in red glaze and giving it to loved ones who smoked, was a bold move. Is it a loving piece of handiwork? Or a stiff message from someone decades younger that knows better? Either way, I thought I was pretty clever at the time.
The following is proof that I am a sculpting mastermind. Sydney has yet to suggest something that I cannot sculpt with precision, accuracy and the artistic passion that only comes from moulding Play Doh dotted with bread crumbs and tiny bits of paper.



an oyster mushroom




a thoroughbred


2 comments:

  1. I thought it was a unicorn for a second and was awed. "So that's where you can find a unicorn, at Dorothy's house!" But alas, neigh. Uh, nay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girrrl! have you got skill! You could sell dem dings on kijiji!

    ReplyDelete