Thursday 1 September 2011

Handy Dorothy

Some might say that I pick up and drop hobbies like it's going out of style. They would be right.
I have a tennis racquet hanging in the basement that I've used once. In my defense, I haven't picked it up again due to a rather hard and well aimed serve from my husband, who decided it was time to "try a real rally", within my first 30 minutes of playing tennis ever. I felt like I was being attacked by the ball.
I also once sewed a dress for my daughter while away on vacation in Winnipeg. Yeah, that's not a sentence you hear a lot...Upon returning home, I cleared out the fabric section in Value Village, deeming it all "cute" and "workable". I'll sew more, I just need a sewing machine. I promise, I will.
I went on a girly hair clip making rampage last Christmas season. I surgically replaced my right hand with a hot glue gun and watched every episode of every show on mtv.ca, and every episode of Heartland. But I think the garbage of MTV equalled out the wholesomeness of CBC, and now I'm not further ahead. Needless to say, Sydney has an array of clips for every occasion, and all my nieces are also sporting my goods.
So here's the latest: woodworking! This hobby has been a little less consuming, because when I want to build something, I have to go out, cut down trees by hand, cut wood into pieces, drill holes, find where we hide the sandpaper, find where we hide the paint brushes... So on the days I get lost on Ana-white.com, I just add to my growing "build this" list and then ambush my husband with it when he gets home.
Ambush me with hard tennis serves, I'll ambush you with cut lists. Wa-BAM!



Built with my own four hands (mine and Kris').
Now Sydney can holler out her bedroom window
at squirrels and cats in the backyard.


2 comments:

  1. LOVE it! (the bench and the blog)...in fact I'm going to show this to Drew and we're going to make one for the kids room....

    ReplyDelete