Friday 9 September 2011

Being at home is HARDCORE

Being at home is super hardcore. Yesterday I was cutting beets for dinner and the knife slipped. Instead of chopping the beet, the knife went right into my finger. One of my favorite ones too! (Relax, it's my wedding ring finger, I like my ring and I don't think it would look as good on a stub.) With beet juice flying, I thought I had maimed myself for sure. I kept calm, and found out that in fact, all I had done, was scratch my massively chipped nail polish and my nail a tiny bit. Phew. But for a second there, I was pretty sure I needed a baggy of ice to hold the finger and someone to drive me to the hospital.
Sydney also pointed at a picture of a majestic bald eagle and said "ooo, pretty chicken!". If any Americans have spy cameras on our house, that would have been the time to break down the door and haul us out into a creepy white van with no windows.
It was a good day! I didn't lose my finger, and I don't have people spying on me! (That I know of...)

2 comments:

  1. haha, I totally have had one of those knife cutting moments, they hurt alot! And if I lived any closer I'd definately be the one spying on you and I'd also have child services all over yor a** lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty chicken.....ha! what a riot. Except for the possibility of having to hold a finger in ice...thats not a riot...

    ReplyDelete