Tuesday 23 August 2011

The Break Up

Today I broke up with my part time job. That just sounds better than quitting...I've worked with the same landscaping company since 2006, with short breaks in between, to dabble in other affairs. There are a few things I love about landscaping,

1.) The workout- Look at me, I'm push mowing up a hill in 40 degree weather!

2.) The change of scenery- Cutting grass at a mansion overlooking a lake? Let's have a picnic when we're done...

3.) Finding animals- raccoons, baby bunnies, cats, praying mantis, birds, even a horse or two

4.) Honing my nature peeing skills- I am very good at peeing in nature. Proven fact is, my bladder is the size of a marble, so I've had to get creative from a young age. The trick is to be quick and nonchalant, because if you make a big deal about it, someone will spot you and then it WILL be a big deal. And you will be caught with your pants down.

5.) Sharing lunches- I'll trade you some cheese for a breakfast pita. I drive a hard bargain.

But what kept me rolling  in the dirt as long as I did was my bosom buddy, Jentine. Her, and, reasons one through five. Skipping along, holding hands, drinking Diet Rockstar, sharing lipgloss and talking about Kyle her cat is really hard work, but we never complained and just kept at it.
It's a good thing Jentine lives just down the mountain from me, because I like butt workouts and the stairs going down the mountain promise to lift and tighten!

aren't we great?
 p.s. One day I will whip Flickr into submission to fufill my every photo need, but for now, put your nose right up to the screen. It's like you're really there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment